For more information
You can contact the Admissions office by phone: +32 (0)2 434 80 20
St-Anne St-Remi Clinic
|You contact the admission office by phone: +32 (0)2 434 37 34
Braine-l’Alleud - Waterloo Hospital
|You can contact the admission office by phone +32 (0)2 434 94 23.
|You can contact the admission office by phone: +32 (0)2 434 22 20
When you are admitted to the hospital, there are a number of administrative formalities that must be fulfilled. These are carried out at the admissions department office, in the entrance hall.
Once you are there, make sure you have an « Admission » ticket.
- your identity card or passport
- contact information of your doctor
- the address and telephone number of your contact person
- your certificate of cover from your mutual health insurance, the CPAS [public social services centre] or your insurer
For your hospital doctor
- a letter from your GP, if applicable
- every relevant medical documents with information about your health (blood group, X-rays, results of investigations carried out, etc.)
- your regular medications and/or those taken recently
- your certificate of incapacity for work (confidential form provided by your mutual health insurance)
An accident on your workplace?
Please let us know as soon as possible:
- The name and address of your employer
- The name and address of the insurance company
- Your insurance policy number
Your hospitalisation costs
Deposit and accommodation expenses
For the patients with no mutual benefit company or with no insurance, you will be asked for a deposit on your admission day on the latest. We remind you that cash will not be accepted.
Only credit cards.
The Belgian National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (INAMI) makes available to the public a list of healthcare providers with an INAMI number and their situation with regard to adhesion to agreements and conventions.
Choice of room and conditions of payments:
Please find below the various costs associated with hospitalisation in the different sites:
- Costs of hospitalisation on the site of Delta
- Costs of hospitalisation on the site of Braine-l’Alleud - Waterloo
- Costs of hospitalisation on the site of St-Anne St-Remi
Choice of room and conditions of payment:
Please find below the various costs associated with a one-day hospitalisation in the different sites:
- Costs of a one-day hospitalisation on the site of Delta
- Costs of a one-day hospitalisation on the site of Edith Cavell
- Costs of a one-day hospitalisation on the site of Braine-l'Alleud
- Costs of a one-day hospitalisation on the site of St-Anne St-Remi
- Costs of a one-day hospitalisation on the site of Basilique
If you want to get an estimate of the cost of your intervention and your stay, please contact your medical doctor who will contact our Estimate Service.
You can get information concerning the costs of your hospitalisation via the following number: 02/434.46.40, from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 am to midday.
What do you have to take with you:
- night clothes,
- towels and toilet necessary,
- list of medicines and dietary requirements.
Once the admission formalities have been completed, you will be ask to choose the type of room you want to stay in (private, two, or four beds).
Subject to availability, we will always try to respect your choice of room. This may, however, not correspond to your initial choice.
We do everything we can to deal with your requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding.
A nurse will welcome you and help you to settle in.
She will also explain how to use the equipment provided for your safety and comfort.
For your security, it is highly recommended not to take any valuable items.
CHIREC applies an active anti-theft policy. It is difficult, however, to supervise all the comings and goings in the various sites of the Group.
The management therefore cannot be held responsible for the possible loss or theft of, or damage to, objects of value
If necessary (emergency admissions) you can leave valuables - with the help of a nurse if needed - at the entrance hall (this service is not available at the Braine-l'Alleud-Waterloo hospital) or in the safe in your room (private rooms have a personal safe with a user-selected code). In two- and four-bedded rooms, a safe can be hired from the nurse in charge of the department.
All the rooms are equipped with toilets. In certain units, rooms also have a shower. Each patient has their own wardrobe that can be locked. An accompanying person may stay with you but only in the case of a private room and with the payment of asupplement. If you wish to keep food in the fridge of the unit, do not hesitate to ask a member of the healthcare staff.
Smoking kills! The CHIREC, a smoke–free hospital!
The CHIREC is a member of the European network of “Smoke-free Hospitals”.
It is strictly forbidden to smoke in the hospital.
A telephone is available in every room.
Your number is the one of your bed preceded by:
|T: +32 2 434 2...
|Braine-l’Alleud - Waterloo Hospital
T: +32 2 434 9... for building A.
T: +32 2 434 7... for building D.
|Ste-Anne St-Remi Clinic
|T: +32 2 434 3…
For an outside call:
- For the Edith Cavell, Basilique, Braine-l’Alleud - Waterloo, Parc Leopold sites: *42 + your 4 digit code + 0 followed by your correspondent’s number.
- For the Ste-Anne St-Remi site: you have to buy a scratch card at Tasty.
Each room has a television. For the Ste-Anne St-Remi Clinic, you have to pay for television.
If you want to have access to the Internet, inquire upon admission about the administrative procedures.
Weekly menus are offered. They offer a wide range of dishes for the main meals. The staff will take care to note the patient’s choices in due time. Do not hesitate to ask the nurses to call the dietician for any alimentary question.
In some of our clinics, you will have the possibility to taste quality products in our “Tasty”.
From Monday to Friday: 7.00 am - 8.00 pm
Weekends: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
Ste-Anne St-Remi Clinic
From Monday to Friday: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
Saturday: Noon - 6.00 pm
Sunday: 1.00 pm - 6.00 pm.
From Monday to Friday: 7.00 am - 7.00 pm
Saturday: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Meals are served:
- between 8:00 am and 9:00 am for breakfast
- between 12 noon and 1:15 pm for lunch
- around 6:00 pm for the evening meal
Beverages are always provided.
The menu of the week will be put up in your treatment unit and on the information channel of the television in your room.
On some of our sites these services are available.
If you wish to receive it, make an appointment with the following staff:
- Saint-Anne Saint-Remi Clinic: check with the nurse (hairdressing service available on Monday and Friday, pedicure service available on Thursday and Friday).
- Braine-l’Alleud -Waterloo Hospital: check with the nurse.
Religious or moral support
The hospital Group respects all convictions, whether personal, religious, moral, or philosophical.
Upon admission, you may fill in the appropriate form and call upon a lay counsellor or a representative of the religion of your choice.
If you are hospitalised you will get your mail every day.
Ask the person writing to you to give the 3-digit number of your room.
If you are in the Braine-l'Alleud - Waterloo Hospital, please ask them to indicate in which building you are, followed by your room number.
Please do not forget
- To ask your General Practitioner (GP) to complete your sick note without delay. This note must be sent to your employer or your mutual health insurer (or insurance company) as soon as possible
- To inform the post office if you have a pension
- To inform the nurse if a member of your family wants to spend the night in your room. NB: this is only possible in a private room.
- To inform the nurse in charge when you leave the ward (for example if you go out to have a coffee with your family).
In order to take care of all our patients in the best possible way, we ask you to leave your room before 11:00 AM (after discharge).
You will receive by mail the total bill for your hospitalisation, resuming the subsistence of any examination performed during your stay, pharmacy, specific materials, and other expenses and fees, from which are deducted the refunds of your deposits and mutual.
You should not under any circumstances pay the fees directly to your doctor.
If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact our Billing department.
This department can be reached from Monday to Friday (9.00 am - noon) : +32 (0)2 434 46 40, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Going back home
We hope you are satisfied with the quality of care and services provided while you were staying with us.
Nevertheless, we are always seeking to improve our services, so we would be glad to hear from you with any comments or suggestions.
If you were not able to complete the satisfaction questionnaire that was given to you during your stay, please do not hesitate to mail it to us.
Please use the postage-paid envelope provided.
If you have any questions about your health or your treatment, please do not hesitate to contact your doctor.